Eggnog is one of those drinks that you just can’t explain how it tastes like to someone other than just that it tastes wonderfully like Christmas.
We absolutely love having eggnog during the festive season and who doesn’t love a good cuppa chai latte to kick start their mornings? So, we decided to combine the two and give this delicious seasonal treat a Tea Drop twist!
What you need
- 700ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 200g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Tea Drop chai concentrate
- 240ml dark rum, spiced rum, brandy, or cognac (optional but recommended)
- 350ml heavy cream
How to make eggnog
- Add milk to a saucepan over medium heat, let it steam but not simmer.
- In separate bowl, whisk 6 egg yolks until they are slightly lighter in color. Add sugar while continuing to whisk the yolks until thick and creamy.
- Add small amounts of warm milk to yolk mixture while whisking, once the mixture is warm you can add it to the pot.
- Add 4 tablespoons of Tea drop chai concentrate. Continue to boil at a low heat until it is thickened.
- Pour through a strainer into a bowl and whisk the heavy cream.
- Put bowl into an ice water bath and mix occasionally for 5 – 10 mins until it becomes cold.
- Transfer the eggnog into pitcher or punch bowl and serve in individual glasses.
Peppermint Chocolate Brownies
If you love our Peppermint tea and chocolate. Here's a fantastic recipe for s...
Immune Boosting Teas for Cold and Flu Season
There is a good reason why tea has always been referred to as the elixir of l...
Sticky Chai Panna Cotta
Our Honey Spice Sticky Chai makes a truly indulgent latte, but it’s not just...
Earl Grey Hot Chocolate
Want to spice up a hot chocolate? Here's a fantastic recipe for a rich Earl G...
The difference between Fresh Artisan loose leaf tea & supermarket tea
Everyone has enjoyed a hot cup of tea. Perhaps your first encounter was with ...