Eggnog is one of those drinks that you just can’t explain how it tastes like to someone other than just that it tastes wonderfully like Christmas.
We absolutely love having eggnog during the festive season and who doesn’t love a good cuppa chai latte to kick start their mornings? So, we decided to combine the two and give this delicious seasonal treat a Tea Drop twist!
What you need
- 700ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 200g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Tea Drop chai concentrate
- 240ml dark rum, spiced rum, brandy, or cognac (optional but recommended)
- 350ml heavy cream
How to make eggnog
- Add milk to a saucepan over medium heat, let it steam but not simmer.
- In separate bowl, whisk 6 egg yolks until they are slightly lighter in color. Add sugar while continuing to whisk the yolks until thick and creamy.
- Add small amounts of warm milk to yolk mixture while whisking, once the mixture is warm you can add it to the pot.
- Add 4 tablespoons of Tea drop chai concentrate. Continue to boil at a low heat until it is thickened.
- Pour through a strainer into a bowl and whisk the heavy cream.
- Put bowl into an ice water bath and mix occasionally for 5 – 10 mins until it becomes cold.
- Transfer the eggnog into pitcher or punch bowl and serve in individual glasses.
Our Artisan Drinking Chocolate is here!
Say hello to our brand new Artisan Drinking Chocolate. Full-bodied and incred...
Tastes like Strawberry
Want to hold on to summer for just a bit longer? Here is the perfect way to d...
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie
Missing the days when you could just hop on a plane and fly to a tropical isl...
Cold Brew Vs. Flash Chilled Iced Tea
Everyone’s heard of iced tea, but you may be wondering what flash chilled ice...
If you ask a room full of people what they want for dessert someone is bound ...