Our Honey Spice Sticky Chai makes a truly indulgent latte, but it’s not just for drinking! Its bold and aromatic flavour make it the perfect addition to a classic - the Panna Cotta!
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of unflavoured gelatin powder
- 2 1/2 cups cream
- 2 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vanilla bean
- 4 tablespoons Honey Spice Sticky Chai
- 1/2 cup water
To make the Panna Cotta
- Sprinkle a single layer of 2 1/4 teaspoons of unflavoured gelatin powder over a small bowl of water.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes until softened.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 cups heavy cream, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 vanilla bean. Bring to the boil, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, discard the vanilla bean and whisk in gelatin immediately until smooth and dissolved.
- Pour mixture into 4 individual serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2-4 hours.
To make the Honey Spice Sticky Chai sauce
- Place 4 tablespoons of our Honey Spice Sticky Chai into a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of cream.
- Over a medium heat, bring the mixture to a simmer, be careful not to boil. Remove from heat, cover and allow the tea to steep until the mixture cool. Strain the cream, and put aside.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups sugar into 1/2 cup of water, then cook over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and cook without stirring for 15-20 minutes, until the mixture begins to caramelise.
- When the mixture turns a medium tan colour, remove the saucepan from heat and carefully stir a couple of tablespoons of chai at a time. Continue this until mixture is smooth.
- Cool to room temperature and store in the fridge.
- Top each Panna Cotta with a dollop of the Chai sauce and viola!
Indulge with our Honey Spicy Sticky Chai